Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Ewephoria

I was browsing Safeway trying to find their specialty cheese section, and at first I was disappointed because  I didn't find much. But it turns out, I was just looking in the wrong spot! They actually have a nice selection of imported cheeses. I spent way to long trying to figure out what to buy. People kept looking at me funny, and I don't blame them... I kept pacing back and forth from one end of the case to the other; picking up cheese, putting it back; picking up cheese, Googling it, putting it back. And that's when I saw it. Ewephoria sheep's milk aged Gouda in all of it's glory.

Now, I've tasted this once before so it's not entirely new to me, but after I tried it I couldn't stop thinking about how good it was! I searched for it at the stores in my neighborhood and it was nowhere to be found. I was so ecstatic to have found it; I just had to buy it!

My experience with Gouda in the past was pretty anticlimactic. I've really only tried smoked Gouda which is good, but not necessarily my cup of tea. But this, this has me head over heels in LOVE with Gouda cheese!

Ewephoria is aged for about a year and tastes sweet and nutty, with a sharp tangy flavor at the finish. Plus, it is packed with those crystals that I just can't get enough of. Perfection. It is perfect for a snack alone, or would make a great dessert cheese since it is so sweet. Give it a try! I hope you love it as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment