Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Midnight Blue

In an effort to expand my horizons and steer away from crystal packed aged cheeses (ermagahd) I decided to look for a blue cheese today. I saw something at the counter that really intrigued me; a goat milk blue called Midnight Blue from Colorado! It looked almost grey in color and was a lot firmer than other blues I've tried. I had to buy it!



My idea of blue cheese has always been soft, crumbly, bright white and tangy from the blue veins. This was unlike anything I've tasted before. The texture was dense and crumbly, and the veins of mold were almost like layers of leaves. It was extremely earthy tasting. It was good, but not something I could see myself buying regularly. If you're into blues though, definitely give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment